Wednesday 9 January 2013

Hairstyle and Gossip Girl

I caught up with a friend over lunch the other day. I have not seen her for months, and I was not sure that it was her when I first saw her. 

Because she's got short hair. 

That got me thinking about the length of my hair. I have been contemplating cutting my hair for the past few weeks, but am yet to gather all the courage needed to actually do it. I have asked my stylist of his opinion and he said it is a good idea. I think he said that because he has never actually seen me with short hair. 

The ultimate deterrent for me is the fact that I always regret cutting my hair immediately after the first snip. I don't know why it is the case, I guess, for lack of a better description, I like my hair long, the longer the better sort of thing. I am not the person who can pull of the short hair look. There are some people who look really hot with short hair, and I am definitely not one of those people. 

So the above really means I have not changed my hair length for the past err... decade or so. I quite vividly remember a friend, who had not seen me for years, saw me again and the first he said was: oh, you haven't changed. I am not sure whether this is a good thing or a bad thing. I guess it can be both? Like it is a good thing because you have not aged one single second, but it is a bad thing because it quite literally means you are stuck in rut. Gah. 

Why change something that works best for you? There is a reason as to why I am happy to keep my hair this length and that is because I think this is the best look for me. Or I should say, this is the look that I most prefer on me. I don't think I can live with myself if I dislike how I look. 

That said, I shall keep my hair long, thankyouverymuch.

On a completely different note.

Gossip Girl has finally aired its season finale. I am glad that Blair ended up being with Chuck. I kind of like their love story. It is like... if you are meant to be together, then you will end up being together. Yeah, it is cheesy like that. I like cheese. Don't judge me okay. I am slim skinny. 

Gossip Girl is one of those things that you either love or hate. Like durian. There are three things that I like about Gossip Girl - one is Leighton Meester, gosh, she is so hawttt. Two is Blair and Chuck, the love story. Three is the fashion, what else. Told you I am a sucker for beautiful things. 

And yes, I do miss episodes of Gossip Girl. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your real names to your voices. Anonymity is so overrated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.